+300hour RYT Advanced Teacher Training
Take your yoga teaching to the next level with the 300 hour advanced training program!
300hr Yoga Teacher Training Interest
The program asks for your full commitment to being on the path of the teacher; staying in your personal practice and teaching in an active way. This pathway gives you the freedom to choose specific areas for deeper study and training with the modules over the course of a year.
- 7 – 11 October 2020 – Module: Psychosomatics Yoga & the Therapeutic Relationship
- 10 – 15 November 2020 – Module: Yin, Mindfulness and Meridians
- 6 – 10 February 2021 – Module: Biomechanics and Functional Anatomy for the Modern Day Yogi (First weekend includes guest teacher Trina Altman)
- 19 – 23 May 2021 – Module: Ancient Philosophy for Modern Day Times
- 27 – 31 July 2021 – Module: Creative and Meaningful Sequencing
Non-contact hours: Each module will have homework to complete. If completing the whole 300hr Training there will also be an independent study to hand in once finished. There is no time requirement for this.
- Completion of a credible 200-hour yoga teacher training.
- Commitment to deeper learning and the development of more refined skills.
- At least 6-12 months of regular teaching experience.
Cost per module 5 days: $1399
Early registration cost: $1250 (per individual module)
Payment options are available.
In this course we will dive deeply into Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, and Tantric Philosophy. Pranayama is the key to a cultivating a deeper experience in asana practice and meditation. Students will learn the anatomy and physiology of breath on the physical and subtle levels and how to teach advanced pranayama techniques, bandhas, mudras and mantra. We will also explore how the subtle body, relate to energy disturbances and the journey to self-awareness and ultimately self-healing.
Creative and Meaningful Sequencing
In this course you will develop the art of creative and meaningful sequencing to create purposeful and powerful practices for students and for yourself. As a teacher, it is important to not only understand how to sequence a class but the WHY behind it. Students will have a significantly more powerful experience on the mat when they are properly warmed physically, but also have the ability to experience a deeper purpose for their practice from a spiritual and philosophical perspective, when offered in an appropriate way that will give them something to take away and apply to their life off the mat.
In this module you will learn:
- How chronic pain, anxiety, irritable bowel and many other conditions are linked to the biopsychosocial model and the stressors one experiences in their life.
- How the body stores emotion, & samskaras. How this can affect movement, mental health & how you can assist your client to recognise and process these.
- The physiology and mechanics of breathing and its effect on the nervous system, pain and interoception.
- Pain physiology and Sensitisation. How to facilitate down regulation of the nervous system in clients with chronic pain.
- Acute vs chronic pain and methodology for working with each.
- How to facilitate both top down (meditation) and bottom up (asana) approaches to help with chronic conditions such as pain, anxiety, fatigue, depression etc.
- The importance of the therapeutic relationship in healing. Intake assessment, lesson plans and being responsive & empathetic to your clients needs.
- How to promote better self regulation, awareness and resilience in your clients both mentally and physically.
- The importance of loading tissue for promoting adaptation, healing, and transformation.
- How to work with clients with trauma and the impacts of childhood trauma on epigenetics, mental and physical wellbeing.
In this course you will learn in-depth knowledge of Yin from perspectives of meridians and mindfulness. As a Yin teacher, it is important to understand WHY we practice Yin, how to teach and support students in a mindful and compassionate way, so that they are educated as well as given space and silence.
Dive deeper into functional anatomy and the biomechanics of the axial and appendicular skeleton. In this course we will look in more depth at the anatomy of the shoulder, spine, hips, knees, hands and feet. We will look at skeletal variation, common dysfunction, therapeutic assists and modifications and how this can be applied in private or group class setting.
I was lucky enough to attend this incredible 300 hour advanced yoga training, led by Om. One of the best decisions I have ever made in my ever continuing path of yoga study.I had completed my 200 hour TT, 4 years previous. In that time I had gathered the essential tools to provide a solid and safe foundation for my students to build upon, yet began to feel a little stuck there. I wanted to journey with my students and be of real support and guidance in their growth. I wanted to feel fully confident to safely encourage them to move through hurdles and barriers they faced along the way. I wanted to really see my students and have the skills to offer what they really needed – physically, mentally, emotionally and energetically. This training fulfilled all these wishes and MORE.My own self-development and study over the course of this year was also truly life changing.Sandey, Kylie, Fiona and Sally are exceptional teachers. Their passion and pure devotion to their practice speaks volumes and is not only inspiring, but contagious. They all have a unique and very skilled ability to share their knowledge in a way that is understandable on many levels.My experience with these people, made me realise that when someone truly and utterly believes in you – they help pave the way toward transformation. Not only did my fellow students and I leave each module with hearts and toolkits full, we gained much wider perspectives on our practice and dived deeper into our Dharma. What surprised me the most, was the smooth transition of being able to put all this new learning into use, almost immediately. We emerged each time, feeling comfortable and confident to share from this new seat of experience and knowledge.This was all helped by the continual offer of support, mentorship, advice and further guidance between modules and even after graduation – which is invaluable.I want to also add,the timing of this training happened alongside some huge personal challenges. Yet I truly believe these modules kept me grounded, awake and prepared.Ultimately this TT was a profound invitation to discover who i really was. The opening of my eyes to limitless possibIlity. A mirror to everything that already existed and a huge dose of courage to step into the teacher I aspire to be.I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for sharing your extensive knowledge and love with us all, so we can essentially pass these gifts on to those around us.
I enrolled in the 300-hour Teacher Training programme at OM Yoga Studio because I was ready to deepen my knowledge as a yoga teacher. The programme offered four unique modules, each of which covered topics that I wanted to explore further in my teaching and were led by experienced facilitators who I wanted to learn under.
The training was incredible – it completely reinvigorated my passion for yoga! On top of providing me with an in-depth understanding of sequencing principles, meditation, biomechanics and philosophy, it encouraged me to contemplate the “why” behind my own teaching practices and principles. It was so indulgent to spend five days every three months soaking in new information. I left each module with an excitement to integrate this knowledge into practice and apply what I learnt into a real-life setting.
This programme was comprehensive, well-organised, thoughtful and inclusive. I cannot recommend it enough!
Please complete the form below to register expression of interest
300hr Yoga Teacher Training Interest
Shop 16, Stonefields Market
40 Stonefields Ave
Stonefields Auckland 1072
(09) 212 9579